This week’s episode explores objectification of women – why it happens, how it impacts women, and what we can do about it. This week, can you notice the subtle – or not so subtle – ways objectification happens around you?
Resources in this episode:
- ABC News Hot Button Episode
- A Call To Men “What Is the Man Box.”
- Robin Tran, “4 Ways Men Are Taught to Objectify Women From Birth.”
- Ed Yong, 2010, “How Objectification Silences Women: the Male Glance as a Psychological Muzzle.”
- Derrick Jensen, Huffington Post, “The Man Box and The Cult of Masculinity.”
- Blackburn Center, 5/2018, “Breaking Out of the Man Box.”