Resources in this episode:
- Intro audio from MSNBC
- Abdu’l-Baha quote: “The world of humanity is possessed of two wings: the male and the female. So long as these two wings are not equivalent in strength, the bird will not fly.”
- America’s Most Innovative Leaders List
- Forbe’s Editor’s Reflection
- Privilege walk
Recent books written by former Unraveling Pink guests:
- Better Allies: Everyday Actions to Create Inclusive, Engaging Workplaces, by Karen Catlin
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader: Your Role in Creating Cultures of Belonging Where Everyone Can Thrive, by Jennifer Brown
- Piloting Your Life: Take the Controls and Be the Pilot in Your Own Life, by Terri Mead
- Elephants Before Unicorns: Emotionally Intelligent HR Strategies to Save Your Company, by Caroline Stokes
In this final episode of the “man box” season, Sam and I reflect on the season – what it’s been like to sit across from someone of another gender and talk about gender issues – and we issue a challenge to all of you to do the same. We offer some suggestions based on our experience – our successes and failures – and close with Sam’s thoughts on what he’s learned from this experience. Enjoy!
Unraveling Pink will return in the Fall.